Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Jenn!

My best friend, Jenn Kilpatrick is celebrating her birthday today in Africa. That's right, AFRICA. She and Britton, along with their 6 month old, Siriana, went to visit his parents (they are missionaries in Malawi) and help out at the school, crisis nursery and other various places for a month.
I've been sitting here contemplating whether or not to write a long, mushy, how-much-I-love-Jenn kind of post, or just show you what I made for her b-day. Let me just say, that I know for certain, with out a doubt, that I will never again have a friend like Jenn. How does one even begin to describe her? She is the most thoughtful, selfless, creative, loving, giving, fun, quirky, strange, beautiful, hard-working, Christ-like friend I have ever known. She is one of the few people on this earth that I know will love me no matter how ugly, selfish, grumpy, or evil I tend to be. I will miss her greatly when we move. I can't say much more...due to the tears.
Thank you Jenn. I love you and hope your African birthday is the best one yet.

These gifts were sent via Britton. I made her a scarf out of some sheer plaid fabric. And by "made" I mean "hemmed." I have a scarf from the other half of the fabric. ("BE FRI" "ST ENDS," if you will). Judah helped me pick out the green beads for her bracelet. And the little bag I made is from an old shirt we discovered we both had (because we used to accidentally wear it on the same day). Then I lined it with a swatch from some scraps her mom donated to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...